Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anney

Default Decoding PDF Files from Internet

Hie all..

Well its second time i'd face the problem during accessing PDF Files on
internet.

Actually am working in Engineeriung company, and its in daily routine to
work with searching literature , downloading them, printing etc.

Last 2 days before i download a PDF file, but when i tries to print it, it
was not printing, i tries alot but can't prinbt it.

Today i found sum literature and want to save that, but all options were
sticked (inactive), and i can't save that.

Please help me is there any way to handle with this type of problems for
accessing files from Internet.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

Hi Anney,

although this is a group to help with Microsoft Word problems, not Adobe PDF
ones, let me fathom a guess what your problem is.
People who create Adobe PDF files can restrict what can be done with them.
If you open the document with your Adobe PDF reader and go to the File Menu,
Document properties and then the security tab, you'll see everything you are
allowed to do with the file (the menu location is with Adobe Reader 7). The
person who made the PDF e.g. can prevent you from printing it, or copying
stuff out of it and so on. I think it is also possible to prevent you from
saving a copy.
There isn't really any way around these restrictions except making
screenshots (which is only a viable option if you are looking for a tiny
part of the document, e.g. one figure. However, you'd probably violate the
copyright on the pdf file doing this). If you need to be able to print it,
your best bet is to contact whoever created the PDF and see if you can't get
a pdf that you can print, probably by paying a fee.

Patrick Schmid
"Anney" wrote in message
Hie all..

Well its second time i'd face the problem during accessing PDF Files on
internet.

Actually am working in Engineeriung company, and its in daily routine to
work with searching literature , downloading them, printing etc.

Last 2 days before i download a PDF file, but when i tries to print it, it
was not printing, i tries alot but can't prinbt it.

Today i found sum literature and want to save that, but all options were
sticked (inactive), and i can't save that.

Please help me is there any way to handle with this type of problems for
accessing files from Internet.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can get around the PDF security issues by using one of the Acrobat
clones: at least some of them simply ignore these settings (as is
acknowledged by Adobe somewhere in the security settings dialog).

As for the print problem -- could be anything. Ironically, PDFs created
using an Acrobat clone is a common cause. Try using Distiller. Try saving
the PDF as a Word document and printing that.