Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
technology gives me a headache technology gives me a headache is offline

Default what do i do when it tells me the selection is blocked?

I am trying to type a document and it states that I cant for the modification
is blocked for the selection is locked. I can not do anything with a blank
document or an old document. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"technology gives me a headache" wrote:

I am trying to type a document and it states that I cant for the modification
is blocked for the selection is locked. I can not do anything with a blank
document or an old document. Any suggestions?

One of the most common question in these parts....
Two options:

1) Make sure you are not using a Demo version of Office that is installed on
a new computer. You have to purchase the real deal...

2) If you have purchased it, make sure you have activated your copy of
Office (From any Office application, see the Activate option in the Help
menu...)