Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
miss krisha

Default word 2003 hangs during merge to excel spreadsheet

hello all.

i have a few users in a company that we are supporting that are
attemtping to merge an excel spreadsheet with a word document for a
letter. user said that the merging process works fine up until the
point of completing the merge. the first few letters in the merge
complete, but after that, it just hangs.
a different spreadsheet on a different computer is experiencing similar
problems with the machine hanging when an attempt is made at completing
the merge.

all users are running:
office 2003
xp pro
1gb of RAM

the excel sheets contain anywhere from 100 to 400 individual records.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Miss,

Could be file corruption in either word or Excel, I suppose. Is everyone
trying this with the same Word document?

If one user holds Ctrl on their machine, starts Word and sets up a new
mail merge document (as a test) to the Excel database, does that execute
correctly?

i have a few users in a company that we are supporting that are
attemtping to merge an excel spreadsheet with a word document for a
letter. user said that the merging process works fine up until the
point of completing the merge. the first few letters in the merge
complete, but after that, it just hangs.
a different spreadsheet on a different computer is experiencing similar
problems with the machine hanging when an attempt is made at completing
the merge.

all users are running:
office 2003
xp pro
1gb of RAM

the excel sheets contain anywhere from 100 to 400 individual records.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org