Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Lambert Alan Lambert is offline

Default File size grows hugely when saving a document created from a template

I have been sent some Word 2003 templates by a designer to test. Most of
them are fine, but with a couple of them, if I create a document based on
them and then immediately save (i.e. add nothing else to the document) the
file size changes - the template is 112K and the saved document is 18.5 MB.
The files size has increased about 165 times!

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to stop it?

I don't know for sure, but its possible that these templates where
originally created in Word 2007 and saved to 2003 format: I don't know if
this makes any difference.

Many thanks for any help.

Alan