Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ibexx

Default Creatie WORD datbase from .xls file

Office 2000 small business, Windows XP Pro: I am trying to create Avery 8160
lables in WORD form an Excel database. . My sequence in WORD is as follows.
ToolsMail MergeCreate Main DocumentMailing Lables Active WindowGet
DataOpen Data Source. When I get to into folder that contains the .xls file
the only files listed in that folder are WORD files. When I click on the File
Type drop down menu at the botton of the OPEN DATA SOURCE window, the only
options I have are "All Word Documents", "Word documents", "Web pages", "Rich
text format", "Text files and "MS Access databases" (for what it's worth I
don't even have M.S.Access but I do have Excel.). There is no "All Files" or
"Excel
databases" option. I have done this successfully in the past with Office 2000
and XP Pro but it is not working now. I have not changed software or
computer or anything elsw I am aware of since this worked last Help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

It is possible that the Excel filter has been removed by a security update.
You can add it again - linked from the downloads page of my web site,

ibexx wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ibexx

Graham,
Thanks for your reply. What is the section of your download page and title
of the suggested download?

ibexx wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Would you believe Excel Converter for Word?
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Excel32.zip

ibexx wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Is it the *same* version of the file? If not use the one linked from my web
site and save the one on your PC elsewhere while you see if it works for
you.