Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dean Collins

Default signature bitmaps?

Hi, I want to perform a mailmerge that will include signatures in the form
of bitmaps (or similar)

I'm stuck on how to import an image file into an excel spreadsheet to
perform this mail merge function.

is this even possible?

Cheers,
Dean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GTS

"Dean Collins" wrote in message
Hi, I want to perform a mailmerge that will include signatures in the form
of bitmaps (or similar)

I'm stuck on how to import an image file into an excel spreadsheet to
perform this mail merge function.

is this even possible?

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\SIGS\\{ MERGEFIELD SURNAME }.jpg" }
This statement pulls in a picture from a directory called SIGS, and the
picture name is based on the surname field in the merge data - so you do not
need to import an image into excel, it is just a matter of saving signatures
and naming them to match the merge data. I had problems when I tried bitmaps
and found jpegs worked better.
Thankfully if for some reason there is no picture found with the right name,
the merge still works and does not stop with an error.
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dean Collins

hi thanks, I'll try jpgs instead. I read that example on another site now I
think I know what went wrong.

Cheers,
Dean