Tcordaro

Default Custom Lables

I had custom labels made and I am having trouble setting up the labels. The
problem is that they have our address is at the top and I need to be able to
fill in the bottom half in. I tried making a custom labels but only the first
label fits all of the others come out in the wrong place. The labels are 2
across and 3 down . thanks any help would be great.
Charles Kenyon

First, match your labels up with some stock labels from Avery or Dennison.

Then create a new document of labels using that pattern.

Once in the new document, under the tables menu, turn on gridlines and the
Tables and Borders toolbar. Select the entire table and the cell alignment
for bottom-left. Save this as a custom document template.

Now create new documents based on your custom template. When you type in a
label, the text will go on the bottom of the label.

If you are trying to mailmerge, you would want to create a mailmerge
template the same way and do your formatting on the merge document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Tcordaro" wrote in message
I had custom labels made and I am having trouble setting up the labels. The
problem is that they have our address is at the top and I need to be able
fill in the bottom half in. I tried making a custom labels but only the
first
label fits all of the others come out in the wrong place. The labels are 2
across and 3 down . thanks any help would be great.

Alternatively, add some Space Before to the text in the label, or (in Word
2000 or above) add some cell padding at the top of each cell (if you do this
in Table Properties | Table | Options, it will apply to the entire table).

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

Mail Merge Lables slackin Mailmerge 2 April 20th 05 04:37 PM
Global template: Custom menu is slow? HJ Microsoft Word Help 4 February 21st 05 09:55 PM
Cross reference to custom caption type Ton Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 05 03:04 PM
Setting custom size problem Bob S Page Layout 0 December 24th 04 03:25 PM
I can not see lables in Word on the screen! HollyMac Microsoft Word Help 3 December 2nd 04 06:49 PM