Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cjtraas cjtraas is offline

Default Question about using fields

I would like to use fields within a table. My table is 3 columns and 16
rows. The first column has a selectable check box, the other two columns are
for entering dates. I understand how to use repeatable data (entering the
first date and all others fill in automatically) but I would like the date
fields to automatically fill in ONLY in the rows in which the check boxes
were selected. For example, if boxes in rows 1,3,6,11 and 12 were selected,
I would like ONLY those rows to fill in their dates automatically.

Any help??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need macros to do this. The problem with macros and forms that are
for distribution to others is to persuade the user to adopt them.
The principles are covered at http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm