Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Default Grouping Two Images does not work?

I am trying to group two images in MS Word 2007 by selecting them and using
the Group Command. For some reason the group option does not activate. So I
am not presented with that option. Is there anything that I am missing? Can
someone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 16:22:01 -0700, SJ wrote:

I am trying to group two images in MS Word 2007 by selecting them and using
the Group Command. For some reason the group option does not activate. So I
am not presented with that option. Is there anything that I am missing? Can
someone help?

Insert a drawing canvas and put the pictures on it. Then you can group them.
Afterward, you can drag the group off the canvas and delete the canvas.

This idiocy has to do with the way Word 2007 implements two different drawing
engines, the old one from previous versions and the new "Escher" graphics used
for SmartArt.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Thank you Jay.

This is really helpful.

Grouping Gale New Users 4 September 30th 08 04:47 AM
Grouping BenT New Users 6 June 22nd 07 10:49 PM
Grouping Shapes & Images diddy_david Microsoft Word Help 2 May 29th 06 10:35 PM
Grouping Mary Lee Page Layout 1 June 20th 05 11:16 PM
grouping Susan Microsoft Word Help 1 June 14th 05 08:24 PM