Eric G

Default Word 2003, Automate and Customize

Even though I've used Word since its birth, I've never gone into truly building automated tasks or automation (apart from the occasional macro), but I would like to try, why I need some help or suggestions. I'm presently using the Office 2003 Professional.

I would like to create a memo template, where I through a dialog box (if possible) can select:

- A memo header (from a list, to be placed in the document header),
- Distribution list (from a list),
- Standard subject (from a list), and

when this is done, click OK, and get to the text area.

I presume that this is possible to achieve (since just about everything is possible to achieve), and possibly it's already been done, but I would like to learn how to do this.

I would really appreciate any input or suggestions.

Best regards,

Eric G

Stockholm, Sweden

What you're describing is a UserForm. Using UserForms requires some
VBA--perhaps more than you feel up to. Another way to approach this task is
an AutoTextList field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

"Eric G" wrote in message
[...]

Eric G

Thank you Suzanne, I'll start looking at the suggested site and take it from
there.

Best regards,

Eric G
Stockholm, Sweden

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What you're describing is a UserForm. Using UserForms requires some
VBA--perhaps more than you feel up to. Another way to approach this task
is
an AutoTextList field. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm

so