Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustGwen JustGwen is offline

Default I am going CRAZY!

I work in a retirement community and need to create a 4 sided 11 x 17
admission application, and I have no idea how to begin! PLEASE HELP!~~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you mean one 11x17 sheet that is divided into 11x8.5 on each side? Two
11x17 sheets that are front and back each? Four separated 11x17 sheets? Or
one side of a 11x17 sheet divided into four 5.5x8.5 quadrants?

For starters, you would choose File - Page Setup - Paper tab, and set the
paper size. How you proceed from there, however, depends on exactly what you
want (and on what version of Word you're using, as well).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"JustGwen" wrote in message
I work in a retirement community and need to create a 4 sided 11 x 17
admission application, and I have no idea how to begin! PLEASE HELP!~~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustGwen JustGwen is offline

I am using an 11x17 sheet that will be folded in half to make 4 11x8.5 sides.
If my printer does not support that paper, can I create the documrnt anyway
and let someone ele print? I am sorry I am so clueless! Thanks!!

"JustGwen" wrote in message
I work in a retirement community and need to create a 4 sided 11 x 17
admission application, and I have no idea how to begin! PLEASE HELP!~~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

Gwen:

Create your four 8 1/2 x 11 pages. Take them to your nearest Staples/
Kinkos/other copy store. Get one 11 x 17 sheet from them and position
the 8 1/2 x 11 pages on the 11 x 17 so it looks the way you want it to
when you fold and unfold it. (I would use repositionable double-stick
tape or glue stick on the back of your 8 1/2 x 11 pages, rather than
regular tape on the front - it can show.) When you have it how you
want, let them print you a master. Then you can have them print as
many as you desire printed from that master.

Ed

"JustGwen" wrote in message
I work in a retirement community and need to create a 4 sided 11 x 17
admission application, and I have no idea how to begin! PLEASE HELP!~~- Hide quoted text -