Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave townsend Dave townsend is offline

Default Document formatting changes when doc is opened on another computer

I created a document in Word 2007, when I send it to another person who also
is using Word 2007, the formatting is differnet when they open it on their
computer, I found a possible fix for this and it suggested that "You can also
experiment with checking and clearing the €śUse printer metrics€ť check box on
the Compatibility tab of Tools | Options to see what effect that will have".
I can't locate this function in Word 2007. The document is a Word Template,
so sending it as a pdf is not an option. I also found that this issue may be
caused by the default printer settings. Any suggestions on how to best
address it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Dave townsend wrote:
I created a document in Word 2007, when I send it to another person
who also is using Word 2007, the formatting is differnet when they
open it on their computer, I found a possible fix for this and it
suggested that "You can also experiment with checking and clearing
the "Use printer metrics" check box on the Compatibility tab of Tools
| Options to see what effect that will have". I can't locate this
function in Word 2007. The document is a Word Template, so sending
it as a pdf is not an option. I also found that this issue may be
caused by the default printer settings. Any suggestions on how to
best address it?

Part of what you're seeing may be due to different printer drivers on the
two computers (http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...extReflow.htm).

To find the printer metrics option in Word 2007, go to Office button Word
Options Advanced, scroll to the bottom of the dialog, and click the Layout
Options button to expand the list. "Use printer metrics to lay out document"
is near the bottom, in alphabetic order.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman