Judy A.

Default How do I get a Word document created for printing shipping labels.

How do I get a Word document created for printing shipping labels with all of
my contact information on? I then want to print all of the information and
slap it on rolodex cards to make up for our business.

Also: I would like to replace my information in my Dymo LabelWriter 330
with my current contacts information in Outlook. Does anyone know how to do
this?
Peter Jamieson

Assuming you are using a recent version of Outlook (around 2000 or later)
and the same version of Word and you are using A4 or letter type labels on
an ordinary printer (i.e. not your Dymo), select your contact folder in
Outlook, and use Outlook Tools| Mail Merge to set up the merge. You should
be able to select the label type if it is a standard one from Avery etc. or
create your own layout in Word as necessary.

Then perform the merge (personally I would output to a document first, then
print, but it depends on how many labels you are using. It's advisable to
test a few pages on plain paper and check that the output will fit on the
label stationery before using the more valuable label stationery.

If you are using your Dymo, copying Outlook addresses for use with it is not
as easy as I would hope. You can create a new address book in the Dymo
software. You can import data into it. But I think this will probably only
work easily for you if your Outlook contact data has been set up in a very
consistent way (e.g. you /always/ use the Business address, you /always/ use
the Job Title, etc. etc.). In that case, you can go into Outlook File|
Import and Export, choose the file Export, choose the contacts folder,
choose the comma-delimited (Windows) option, not the tab-delimited one, and
export to a file, e.g. in your Dymo Address Books folder. Then start the
import operation from the Dymo software. At this point you can choose which
fields will be used to create your address entries, and how they will be
laid out. Complete the import. You may then have to tidy each entry,
removing blank lines etc.

There are other possible ways but I suspect none of them is any easier than
that.

Peter Jamieson