EHPorter

Default CREATEDATE problem

I have a merge form which containing the line: {CREATEDATE \@ "yyyy"}
The form, when merged to a new document, produces the date "2004" even
though it is now 2005 and the system clock is set correctly. The form
document was originally created in 2004.

How do I: (1) cause the new merged document to contain the correct date,
and, (2) have that date be "permanent" in the newly created merged document
(i.e., it will remain as 2005 forever and not contain a changing code)?

I find this quite confusing. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Doug Robbins

Save the form as a template and then use FileNew and create a new document
from the template and it will then have the correct year. If there is a
data source attached to the template, it will remain attached to the new
document that is created from it, so it is really exactly the same number of
steps as required for what you are doing at the moment using FileOpen.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP