Graham Clements

Default Unformatted Compound Mail Merge

I have created a mail merge which sends a mail to each site listed within a
sites table of an access database. I then added to this document a code to
generate what I believe is called a 'Compound Mail Merge'. This code pulls
out each telephone number from a lines table where the site ref matches (a
foreign key to the sites table). So for 2 sites, 2 mails would be sent but
multiple telephone numbers could be attached to the document ie

Site 1 (mail1)
03493 493 493
09439 3493 39

Site 2 (mail2)
01232 232 433
01232 343 239
03243 343 222

For this I used the database tag, the code is as follow...

{
DATABASE
\d "R:\\Customer Files\\WIP\\ATC Networks\\T-MGT CUSTOMERS\\TESCO\\Line
Rationalisation 2004\\LineRationalisationMergeDB.mdb"
\c "DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ= R:\\Customer Files\\WIP\\ATC Networks\\T-MGT
CUSTOMERS\\TESCO\\Line Rationalisation
2004\\LineRationalisationMergeDB.mdb;DriverId=25;F IL=MS
Access;MaxBufferSize=512;PageTimeout=5;"
\s
"SELECT

MailLines.CLI AS [Telephone Number],
MailLines.Purpose AS [Purpose]

FROM MailLines
WHERE MailLines.SiteRef='2008';"
\l ""
\b ""
\h
}

The problem is that I need this mail merge to send out emails to each site
on merge, which is no problem if the document is sent as an attachment. But
due to circumstances I cannot use attachments and therefore this document
needs to be contained within the body of the email, which presents the
problem. The table generated by the compound merge code uses formatting
which the email will not accept so the data would be sent as follows:

Telephone Number
Purpose
03493 493 493
Fax
09439 3493 39
Ingoing/Outgoing Calls

I have tried removing all formatting options using the switches \l and \b
but a table is still produced. Is there anyway I can remove the formatting
and force the return data to be comma/tab seperated (or another other
suggestion) ie:
Telephone Number, Purpose
03493 493 493, Fax
09439 3493 39, Ingoing/Outgoing Calls

I appreciate any help with this problem, and I also appreciate your patience
in reading this particularly long problem description.

Many Thanks,

Graham