Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RobertJohn[_13_] RobertJohn[_13_] is offline

Default Change font in equations

Hi all

I am using Word 2007 and would like to use my own choice of font when I
create equations. Is this possible, or am I stuck with the default
font? If it can be changed, how?

Thanks in advance

Robert

--
RobertJohn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I gather from reading previous postings that Cambria Math is the only font
supported at this time.

http://word.mvps.org

"RobertJohn" wrote in message

Hi all

I am using Word 2007 and would like to use my own choice of font when I
create equations. Is this possible, or am I stuck with the default
font? If it can be changed, how?

Thanks in advance

Robert

--
RobertJohn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But, of course, you can use the old equation editor which does allow you to
change the font.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I gather from reading previous postings that Cambria Math is the only font
supported at this time.

http://word.mvps.org

"RobertJohn" wrote in message

Hi all

I am using Word 2007 and would like to use my own choice of font when I
create equations. Is this possible, or am I stuck with the default
font? If it can be changed, how?

Thanks in advance

Robert

--
RobertJohn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RobertJohn[_14_] RobertJohn[_14_] is offline

Default Creating a symbol

Suzanne

Thanks.

I thought that Cambria Math might be all that is available.

However, if we don't use the equation builder, is there a way to make
my x-bar symbol (regardless of the font)?

Robert

Suzanne S. Barnhill;3181849 Wrote:
I gather from reading previous postings that Cambria Math is the only
font
supported at this time.

http://word.mvps.org

...-

-

--
RobertJohn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

As Stefan hinted, you can still access and use the legacy EE - which many
users prefer anyway. Insert, Object and scroll down the list to Microsoft
Equation 3.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\) Bob  Buckland  ?:-\) is offline

Hi Robert,

There are other fonts being developed for Math/MathML that would contain the
character glyphs used for equations but the pace seems to have slowed for
technical, time or 'we need to add other feature' reasons g. Stixfonts
were due out last summer http://www.stixfonts.org/proj_timeline.html and now
it's not clear what the status is, but the earlier beta version is still
available along with information on some of the font activity at sites such
as http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/ and
http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info...ey/survey.html, but
I haven't tested others to see if they work with the equation editor in Word
2007, in part because of the very poor quality of the 'graphic' version of
these equations that is created by Word when the files are used by folks in
older versions.

============
"RobertJohn" wrote in message

Hi all

I am using Word 2007 and would like to use my own choice of font when I
create equations. Is this possible, or am I stuck with the default
font? If it can be changed, how?

Thanks in advance

Robert

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RobertJohn[_15_] RobertJohn[_15_] is offline

Thanks all

Robert

Suzanne S. Barnhill;3183754 Wrote:
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm