Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frustrated-office-user Frustrated-office-user is offline

Default Word 2007 won't import / aquire from scanner like Word 2003 will

In Word 2003 I can insert a pic straight from my scanner using the "insert"
"picture" "from scanner" and with my installed driver for our network copier
it used to work a treat.

Now in Word 2007 with every single update installed, I can't seem to do that
any more, its from file or nothing.

Am I missing something or has this excelent feature been left out ?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frustrated-office-user"
wrote in message ...
In Word 2003 I can insert a pic straight from my scanner using the
"insert"
"picture" "from scanner" and with my installed driver for our network
copier
it used to work a treat.

Now in Word 2007 with every single update installed, I can't seem to do
that
any more, its from file or nothing.

Am I missing something or has this excelent feature been left out ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Frustrated-office-user[_2_] Frustrated-office-user[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 won't import / aquire from scanner like Word 2003 wi

Thanks JoAnn,

I created a Macro and how have my own icon for scanner aquire on the toolbar.

I trust all the complaints will cause Microsoft to hopefully add this to the
next service pack as we appear to be taking one step forward and two back !

Cheers
Frustrated-office-user

wrote in message ...
In Word 2003 I can insert a pic straight from my scanner using the
"insert"
"picture" "from scanner" and with my installed driver for our network
copier
it used to work a treat.

Now in Word 2007 with every single update installed, I can't seem to do
that
any more, its from file or nothing.

Am I missing something or has this excelent feature been left out ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Thank Graham. He's got a wonderful site chock full of info.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]