Milhouse Van Houten

Default Is indent with vertical formatting possible?

It looks like the posts here, with the vertical "dashes" prefacing the
indented portion:
http://www.internet-nexus.com/default.htm

I've looked around but can't find anything on it, though I bet it's simple.
Thanks.

Eddie Keator

Yes it is

Select the paragraph(s) and then from the menu select Format | Borders and
Shading

Select the line and weight you want - it will by default create the line for
all sides of your text, you can either a( select none and then click on the
left margin or b) deselect the top, bottom and right side. Ensure the Apply
to is Paragraph, then click OK - you're good to go.

Eddie

"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote:

It looks like the posts here, with the vertical "dashes" prefacing the
indented portion:
http://www.internet-nexus.com/default.htm

I've looked around but can't find anything on it, though I bet it's simple.
Thanks.

Doug Robbins

How about a bar tab (not the one that you run up) inserted using FormatTabs

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote in message
It looks like the posts here, with the vertical "dashes" prefacing the
indented portion:
http://www.internet-nexus.com/default.htm

I've looked around but can't find anything on it, though I bet it's
simple. Thanks.

Eddie Keator

That'd be the easiest - however the writer offered a URL that display a
broken line and a tab bar (make mine T&T) is a solid line only. Whereas, you
have choices with Borders and Shading.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

How about a bar tab (not the one that you run up) inserted using FormatTabs

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Milhouse Van Houten" wrote in message
It looks like the posts here, with the vertical "dashes" prefacing the
indented portion:
http://www.internet-nexus.com/default.htm

I've looked around but can't find anything on it, though I bet it's
simple. Thanks.

Milhouse Van Houten

Thanks to all three of you! I used Eddie's method, and after discovering
Ctrl-M to indent, recorded a keyboard macro that does the whole process.
There's probably a much better way of doing it, but for someone who's
profoundly rusty with Word, anything that works is a miracle:

Sub ParaIndent()
'
' ParaIndent Macro
' Macro recorded 8/31/2005
'
Selection.Paragraphs.Indent
With Selection.ParagraphFormat
With .Borders(wdBorderLeft)
.LineStyle = wdLineStyleDashLargeGap
.LineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
End With
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderTop).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
With .Borders
.DistanceFromTop = 1
.DistanceFromLeft = 4
.DistanceFromBottom = 1
.DistanceFromRight = 4
.Shadow = False
End With
End With
With Options
.DefaultBorderLineStyle = wdLineStyleDashLargeGap
.DefaultBorderLineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt
.DefaultBorderColor = wdColorAutomatic
End With
End Sub