Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default How to fix a letterhead template

My company has a template that was made already before I started for
electronic letterhead. It doesn't appear to me that any headers or footers
were used when creating this but our letterhead is such that the first 1-2"
on the left hand side of the letterhead is where our address, logo etc. is.
It appears to me that text boxes were used for most of the design. There
doesn't seem to be to much problem with the previous template other then when
trying to cut and paste it doesn't seem to take the information properly and
it jarbles up the logo and moves it around for some reason. It is best to
start from scratch again or can this template be fixed to be able to use as
electronic letterhead. We use Word 2003. Any suggestions on how to fix
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The template can probably be fixed up. Compare the placement of the
logo and the text boxes to those in the "More complex letterhead"
section of http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:28:01 -0700, Michelle
wrote:

My company has a template that was made already before I started for
electronic letterhead. It doesn't appear to me that any headers or footers
were used when creating this but our letterhead is such that the first 1-2"
on the left hand side of the letterhead is where our address, logo etc. is.
It appears to me that text boxes were used for most of the design. There
doesn't seem to be to much problem with the previous template other then when
trying to cut and paste it doesn't seem to take the information properly and
it jarbles up the logo and moves it around for some reason. It is best to
start from scratch again or can this template be fixed to be able to use as
electronic letterhead. We use Word 2003. Any suggestions on how to fix

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Is it better to start from scratch or fix the old?

Many a user has had to fix a document where the original author/typist did
not use tabs or indents to begin a paragraph, but repeatedly used the
spacebar (i.e., spspspspsp... arrrghh!)

Personally, I would start from scratch. I have often 'tried to fix' and 'did
fix' other peoples' work. In almost every case, the process was tedious and
frustrating. To fix someone else's work requires a deciphering of the
document's original structure and intent; a deciphering of how the current
document is inadequate, and finally a disovery of how to fix the identified
problems. During this process I have often determined that the document's
originator knew far less or far more about Word than me.
It has often been easier for me to start from scratch. Then the only person
I can blame for the new/revised document's problem is myself.

Additionally, by creating a new document it ensures that the document
(template) works with your current software (hardware) configuration. You
don't inherit legacy problems.

--
Tom Conrad

"Michelle" wrote:

My company has a template that was made already before I started for
electronic letterhead. It doesn't appear to me that any headers or footers
were used when creating this but our letterhead is such that the first 1-2"
on the left hand side of the letterhead is where our address, logo etc. is.
It appears to me that text boxes were used for most of the design. There
doesn't seem to be to much problem with the previous template other then when
trying to cut and paste it doesn't seem to take the information properly and
it jarbles up the logo and moves it around for some reason. It is best to
start from scratch again or can this template be fixed to be able to use as
electronic letterhead. We use Word 2003. Any suggestions on how to fix

Letterhead template DavidWhite Microsoft Word Help 1 August 17th 07 03:06 AM
Letterhead Template pam New Users 4 March 18th 06 10:21 PM
letterhead template Melah Microsoft Word Help 2 November 14th 05 08:37 PM
How do I use my company letterhead as letterhead template in Word? FolsomResident Page Layout 1 August 20th 05 05:11 PM
How do I set up a letterhead template? DocRqst Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 05 04:31 PM