makrug

Default Long hyperlinks and ellipsis

I have some hyperlink URL's that are long (92 chars), but probably not long
enough to be beyond system ability. After putting such a link in a doc and
testing it all is fine. I save and come back later and the path has been
partially replaced with leading ellipses to make it shorter
(...\...\...\Remainder\of\the\URL.doc) and clicking on the hyperling no
longer works. Funny thing is when I hover over the hyperlink the popup shows
the full path correctly, but in the address bar it's chopped off with the
ellipses. Word 2003 by the way. Any ideas? I don't want to make use of
tinyurl.com - don't know how long they'll be around.