John

Default Translating into Thai

Hello, can anyone help me please. I would like to be able to type a document
using microsoft word, and translate it into Thai. I have word 2003 installed.
I have set up so it recognises and can type Thai characters, etc. There is a
translate fuction in word 2003 for 12 different languages, but Thai is not
one of them.
Does anyone know if Microsoft offer a plug in to translate english documents
to Thai?
I've been on a few websites but cant seem to see any plugins available
Please help anyone :-)
Many Thanks
Graham Mayor

Automatic translation facilities merely provide an indication of what the
words mean. If it is your intention to produce a useable document that a
Thai person would understand, and not gibberish, you need to employ the
services of someone who understands both languages. You will find such
services on the internet.

John wrote:
Hello, can anyone help me please. I would like to be able to type a
document using microsoft word, and translate it into Thai. I have
word 2003 installed. I have set up so it recognises and can type Thai
characters, etc. There is a translate faction in word 2003 for 12
different languages, but Thai is not one of them.
Does anyone know if Microsoft offer a plug in to translate English
documents to Thai?
I've been on a few websites but cant seem to see any plugins available
Please help anyone :-)
Many Thanks

John

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the reply. I've heard of microsoft proof tools which do
incorporate some thai. Is there not a good plug in available elsewhere? Are
the microsoft proof tools in Thai ok? I did find a website that produce a bit
of software that actually shows a thai keyboard on your screen as your typing
which sounds pretty good. Maybe microsoft should do the same. Here's its link.
http://www.lingua-uk.com/multi-language.htm#writer3

Hope you can reply, as your more knowledgable than me on this
many thanks
John

John wrote:
Hello, can anyone help me please. I would like to be able to type a
document using microsoft word, and translate it into Thai. I have
word 2003 installed. I have set up so it recognises and can type Thai
characters, etc. There is a translate faction in word 2003 for 12
different languages, but Thai is not one of them.
Does anyone know if Microsoft offer a plug in to translate English
documents to Thai?
I've been on a few websites but cant seem to see any plugins available
Please help anyone :-)
Many Thanks

Graham Mayor

Microsoft proofing tools primarily check spelling. They are not going to
take your English input and produce a Thai (or any other language) document.
For that you will need third party products and Word's translation option
will link you into such tools via the internet. Do you understand enough of
the written Thai language to be able to edit the text from the gibberish
produced to a meaningful document? If not, use a human translator.

John wrote:
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the reply. I've heard of microsoft proof tools
which do incorporate some Thai. Is there not a good plug in available
elsewhere? Are the microsoft proof tools in Thai ok? I did find a
website that produce a bit of software that actually shows a Thai
keyboard on your screen as your typing which sounds pretty good.
Maybe microsoft should do the same. Here's its link.
http://www.lingua-uk.com/multi-language.htm#writer3

Hope you can reply, as your more knowledgeable than me on this
many thanks
John

John wrote:
Hello, can anyone help me please. I would like to be able to type a
document using microsoft word, and translate it into Thai. I have
word 2003 installed. I have set up so it recognises and can type
Thai characters, etc. There is a translate faction in word 2003 for