Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

Default Borders in split cells

I am having difficulty getting the borders to be hidden. I have created a
survey using a table that has merged and split cells. In the sections with
split cells it is my intention to "hide" the top and bottom lines as to
create a "check mark" box before the rating word. So I have tried to select
the cell that I need to remove the ceiling and floor in, however, it does
nothing for the formatting of the cell. Is there something else that I need
to be doing? Any help is appreciated!!
--
Regards,

Kyle W
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Are you sure you aren't just seeing the table's Gridlines? Try TableHide
Gridlines first to see if that clears it up. The gridlines don't print
regardless of whether they're Hidden or Shown.

Otherwise, I'm not real clear on your intent so there may be other [better]
approaches, but the simplest way to selectively remove borders is to turn on
the Tables & Borders toolbar, select the Eraser tool & click the borders you
want to remove. Just keep in mind that the tool doesn't only remove the
visible line but actually removes the cell 'wall'.

However, with merged/split cells there may be some borders that can't
[easily] be removed or you may want the line to not show but still have
individual cells. In that case you can use the Border Color (pencil) tool on
the same bar to change the color of such borders to white.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"KyleW" wrote in message
I am having difficulty getting the borders to be hidden. I have created a
survey using a table that has merged and split cells. In the sections
with
split cells it is my intention to "hide" the top and bottom lines as to
create a "check mark" box before the rating word. So I have tried to
select
the cell that I need to remove the ceiling and floor in, however, it does
nothing for the formatting of the cell. Is there something else that I
need
to be doing? Any help is appreciated!!
--
Regards,

Kyle W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KyleW KyleW is offline

I'll try the pencil option. I can't remove the lines altogether because of
the way I have the table set up. It would ruin the formatting of the survey.
Thank you for your suggestion! I appreciate it!
--
Regards,

Kyle W

"KyleW" wrote in message
I am having difficulty getting the borders to be hidden. I have created a
survey using a table that has merged and split cells. In the sections
with
split cells it is my intention to "hide" the top and bottom lines as to
create a "check mark" box before the rating word. So I have tried to
select
the cell that I need to remove the ceiling and floor in, however, it does
nothing for the formatting of the cell. Is there something else that I
need
to be doing? Any help is appreciated!!
--
Regards,

Kyle W

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

No problem... hope all goes well.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"KyleW" wrote in message
I am having difficulty getting the borders to be hidden. I have created
survey using a table that has merged and split cells. In the sections
with
split cells it is my intention to "hide" the top and bottom lines as to
create a "check mark" box before the rating word. So I have tried to
select
the cell that I need to remove the ceiling and floor in, however, it
does
nothing for the formatting of the cell. Is there something else that I
need
to be doing? Any help is appreciated!!
--
Regards,

Kyle W

How can I Insert a column into a table that contains split cells Kate Vaughn Tables 1 August 9th 06 05:48 AM
Split cells JenK Tables 4 August 8th 06 04:27 PM
cell's background color not printed correctly [email protected] Tables 2 December 19th 05 12:44 PM
Sorting table by a field with split cells joodles Tables 1 July 1st 05 04:20 PM
Making a Form :: Line Borders / Table Cells with Flowing Text John Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 02:42 PM