Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fraggle257

Default Word mail merge error

In the course of my work, I have created a database to collect results
from tests (scientific type experiments) I have carried out. I have
then merged these results into word documents to generate reports about
these tests. Both the database and the word templates (*.dot files) I
use to merge my documents are stored on my hard drive.

I recently re-installed the operating system on my machine and during
this process I renamed the folder containing the database. Ever since
this point, when I try and open any of the templates or the word
documents that have been created from these templates, word crashes
with the following error:

Unknown error returned from application. Error caught at [file
Connect.cpp, line 699], operation cancelled. Contact technical support
if this error persists.

Through trying many ways to fix this problem, I think I have narrowed
the problem down to being related to the fact that the word documents
are expecting to find a database in one location and the database is no
longer there. However, I have tried putting the database back in its
old location to no avail.

Does any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I have many of
these templates, so to create them all over again from scratch would
take a long time.

Many thanks, in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

This has been responded to in the mailmerge.fields newsgroup

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP