Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ragin Ragin is offline

Default Scannig a document to word

When I scan certain documents to word they look nothing like the
original,text is scatterd all over the place,red lines underline certain
words.I am new at this any help would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:05:00 -0700, Ragin
wrote:

When I scan certain documents to word they look nothing like the
original,text is scatterd all over the place,red lines underline certain
words.I am new at this any help would be great.

Howdy,

I may be out of my depth here, but...

Based on what little I understand of all this, I think you
are mixing apples and oranges.

When you scan a document, the result is information that
your computer interprets as a "picture" or "image."

Word works with files that are different from that.

It is possible to scan something and have your system
"figure out" what characters are represented by the image on
the scanner, but that uses a process (and software) called
OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

That means that it should be possible to scan something,
have your system "read" it as text, and that text could be
put into Word to create a Word Doc file.

So to take this further, can you describe with a bit more
detail what you are doing?

The phrase "scan certain documents to word" does not provide
enough information.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Assuming you are talking about the results after using OCR software, that's
the nature of the beast. It's never going to be exactly what the original
document looks like. You need to carefully proofread the document and fix
the formatting.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]