Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jen

Default Unwanted spaces in address on envelopes

I'm using Word for XP, and trying to create envelopes using mail-merge.
I have my addresses in an address book (Windows address book, I think).
I started using "insert fields" instead of "address block" because that was
causing problems.

Now, with the "insert fields", only half of the addresses are perfect, and
the other half have giant spaces between the street address and the city,
state and zip. Some are even aligned to the left.

I tried deleting the spaces on my own, but when I checked the envelope
again, the space had returned.
I checked my addresses in the address book for unwanted spaces, but there
were none.
How do I get rid of the spaces???