Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Narendra Boga Narendra Boga is offline

Default search-replace

Dear All,

I have data like this.

Additional paid-in capital 1 722 286 1 630 394
Accumulated other comprehensive income (loss) (890 446) 239 041
Retained earnings 40 026 498 40 611 396
-----------
Can you please tell me how I replace the spaces in amounts with comma
without replace effecting in descriptions. Only comma should come in amounts
only not in descriptions. I data should like this:

Additional paid-in capital 1,722,286 1,630,394
Accumulated other comprehensive income (loss) (890,446) 239,041
Retained earnings 40,026,498 40,611,396

Thank You
Narendra
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:42:00 -0700, Narendra Boga
wrote:

Dear All,

I have data like this.

Additional paid-in capital 1 722 286 1 630 394
Accumulated other comprehensive income (loss) (890 446) 239 041
Retained earnings 40 026 498 40 611 396
-----------
Can you please tell me how I replace the spaces in amounts with comma
without replace effecting in descriptions. Only comma should come in amounts
only not in descriptions. I data should like this:

Additional paid-in capital 1,722,286 1,630,394
Accumulated other comprehensive income (loss) (890,446) 239,041
Retained earnings 40,026,498 40,611,396

Thank You
Narendra

Click the More button in the Replace dialog and check the box for "Use
wildcards".

Put this expression in the Find What box (there is one space between the two
groups):

([0-9]) ([0-9])

Put this expression in the Replace With box:

\1,\2

Click the Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Narendra Boga Narendra Boga is offline

Dear Jay Freedman,

Thank you for your instant reply. It reduced my time.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Von Stussi Von Stussi is offline

Default Error message in the Find What

This post is very useful, however when I type the serie with a space:
([0-9]) ([9-0])
I get this message
"The Find What text contains a range that is not valid"

Could you precise,

Thanks

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

[...]