Carla

Default How do you "Mark All" Index entries?

I've already created the document and the original index. Now there are some
additional words/phrases I would like to add to the index, but I don't want
to go through the whole document marking them & and the Mark All option isn't
enabled. Please help!
CyberTaz

Hi Carla-

There are 2 primary ways to create an Index in Word...
1- Use a Concordance File, or
2- Mark each entry in the document (as you apparently have done).

Revision based on the 2nd method has to be done the same way - Mark each new
entry, then update the Index.

I believe you're misinterpreting the 'Mark All' button. It refers to marking
all occurences of the entry you are marking at the time (as opposed to just
that one specific instance), not to a multitude of _different_ items to be
added.

If you don't mark the new items, how do you expect the program to know what
they are?

Regards |:)

"Carla" wrote:

I've already created the document and the original index. Now there are some
additional words/phrases I would like to add to the index, but I don't want
to go through the whole document marking them & and the Mark All option isn't
enabled. Please help!

If (as it appears) each chapter is a separate document, you will need to use
an RD field to create your index. See "Field codes: RD (Referenced Document)
field" in Word's Help.

"Kay" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I am trying to create a master index page for multiple chapters. I have
created a concordance file and automarked each of chapters, but I cannot
figure out how to create a master index page in which my finished index

was
supposed to show. I would appreciate it if anyone of you can share some

tips
with me. Please send me an email at Thank

you!

Best,
Kay