EricB8276

Default Winword will not save if already opened

We have an application that stores documents in a folder view. When I open
the document to edit (right-click, edit) it opens the document using the file
association in Windows. If Word is already opened, I cannot save the document
after modification. If Word is closed, I can edit the document and save. I
tried the saem thing with Wordpad by changing the .doc association and that
works fine when wordpad already opened. I tried to "play" with the startup
flags in associations tab but to no avail! Any help would be greatly
appreciated. BTW, I am not the developer of the app so I have limited access
to code. I do not think it is code related anyhow.. I am using XP with Office
XP.
--
Eric B, MCP