Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Default Toolbar of add-on disappeared

Hello,

I have used an add-on (".dot") file for Word for a while without problems.
The toolbar has now disappeared for it.

I had a particularly complicated operation with the .dot program involving
footnotes etc. of a very large file. Word all of a sudden went into a mode
with no toolbars at all (not even Word toolbars).

I restored everything for Word, I got a fresh .dot file for the add-on and
used "detect and repair" for Word. The toolbars for the add-on still won't
appear - they are also not found in any of the lists of possible toolbars
that I could show.

I assume that some register setting is hanging on that is blocking the
display of toolbars, maybe it's something else. Since I established a new
macro connection with a new .dot file for the add-on, I am also assuming that
the problem is with Word and not the add-on (which always operated correctly
before).

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Sorry. I'm not getting what you are trying to communicate here.

Verson of Word?

Does your Add-in appear in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog box? (Under the
Tools menu.) Is it checked there?

When you open your Add-In (so that the Add-In .dot is the document on your
screen) is the toolbar available? If not, is this the same file that had
your toolbars before? Are you sure that when you created the toolbars before
you put them in the Add-In dot file and not in normal.dot?

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Michael" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael

Hello,

I have Word 2003 (German version).

The add-on is a program called "Trados" that puts a toolbar into Word. I
don't see a document when I open the .dot file under Templates and Add-Ons;
just the program appears.

The program puts a header on the top column (i.e. where you see "File",
"Edit", "View" etc.) and also used to put a toolbar with various buttons in
the area below that. The toolbar no longer appears.

I have also tried deleting the "Normal.dot" file, but that doesn't help
either.

"Michael" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

By "open" I don't mean loaded under Templates and Add-Ins...; I mean find
the .dot file and open it so that it shows up on your screen to type in.
(You don't want to type in it, you just want it up on your screen. The title
bar at the top should read Trados.dot or something like that.)

Do not delete normal.dot.

With your template open (not loaded, open), is the additional menu showing?
Is the toolbar showing? If the menu is showing but not the toolbar, can you
now find it to make it show?

Now, in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog, is your template checked?