Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DOGZROC

Default replace greeks

Does anyone know how to replace a greek that is in part of a work for
example FcRgIIIa I want to replace the g with the greek letter for gamma. I
have tried to copy and paste in the replace box but it does not paste
correctly. The problem I have is I need the rest of the word to be intact.
So if anyone knows how please email me at or on here.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat S.

In Word, go to Insert/Symbol. On the right side of the Symbol dialog box,
select Basic Greek from the subset dropdown box. The Greek alphabet will be
displayed. Hope that helps.

"DOGZROC" wrote:

Does anyone know how to replace a greek that is in part of a work for
example FcRgIIIa I want to replace the g with the greek letter for gamma. I
have tried to copy and paste in the replace box but it does not paste
correctly. The problem I have is I need the rest of the word to be intact.
So if anyone knows how please email me at or on here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use the program "character map" that comes with Windows. I'm not sure
what other fonts include the greek alphabet but I know that you can
find it in "Times New Roman"

DOGZROC wrote:
Does anyone know how to replace a greek that is in part of a work for
example FcRgIIIa I want to replace the g with the greek letter for gamma. I
have tried to copy and paste in the replace box but it does not paste
correctly. The problem I have is I need the rest of the word to be intact.
So if anyone knows how please email me at or on here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DOGZROC

Thanks but thats not the question I asked. Or atleast I guess I must have
worded it wrong. I wanted to use the find and replace feature of word. Im
tying to find the word FcRgIIIa and just replace the g with the greek gamma
and not replace any other letter but also replace it throughout the document.
I hope that clarifies it.

Thanks

"DOGZROC" wrote:

Does anyone know how to replace a greek that is in part of a work for
example FcRgIIIa I want to replace the g with the greek letter for gamma. I
have tried to copy and paste in the replace box but it does not paste
correctly. The problem I have is I need the rest of the word to be intact.
So if anyone knows how please email me at or on here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat S.

Okay, I tried this & it worked: I typed 0394, Alt+X in a blank doc, which
gives you gamma. Copied that. Went to find & replace, typed FcRgIIIa,
Selected the replace tab, typed FcR, pasted in the gamma, typed IIIa,
replaced all, looks good to me, unless I'm still not understanding the
problem...

"DOGZROC" wrote:

Does anyone know how to replace a greek that is in part of a work for
example FcRgIIIa I want to replace the g with the greek letter for gamma. I
have tried to copy and paste in the replace box but it does not paste
correctly. The problem I have is I need the rest of the word to be intact.
So if anyone knows how please email me at or on here.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

First change one occurrence of the word to include the gamma. Select that
occurrence (the entire word) and copy it to the clipboard. Then open the
Replace dialog, type the non-Greek version in the Find What box, and enter
the code ^c in the Replace With box. Click the Replace All button.

You can also get the code this way: Click the More button in the dialog.
Click once in the Replace With box, click the Special button at the bottom
of the dialog, and select "Clipboard Contents".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman