Heidi

Default automated mailmerge using Brio/Excel 2.1 datasource files

I am trying to automate a mailmerge in Word 2003 using C#. The address data
is exported from the backend system using Brio which creates Excel 2.1 files.
I want to use every record in the file - it doesn't have any special tables
defined.

I have tried a multitude of permutations based on the KB articles I could
find but I always get either a Open Datasource dialog or a select a table
type dialog. I can get it working if I used DDE, but I really don't want that
solution in production. I can get it to work if I export the excel file to a
..csv file or word 95/97 file. What do I need to do to get it working with
Excel 2.1 files without having to massage them first?

I can give sample c# code if needed.

I appreciate any help you can give. I've been fighting with this for several
days now.

thanks!
Heidi

oops, forgot to mention that I get an ODBC error that the Table is not in
the expected format once I manage to select the data I want in the dialog
boxes.

thanks!