AC

Default My Table numbers keep changing as I add more tables to my doc.....

I have a lengthy document that contains about 30 Tables (Table 1 - Table 30).
I keep adding new tables to my document and then I have to change the table
titles that follow.

Within the text of my document, I often refer to the tables. For example I
may say see "Table 14 for a breakup of sales". I would like the 14 to
automatically switch when the title in the table it refers to changes.
Changing everything is turning out to be quite time consuming. Any way I can
automate this through hyperlink, bookmarking, or cross-referencing?

Please Help!!!

Thanks

AC
Daiya Mitchell

Yes, you can automate that.

First, you need to let Word number the tables. Probably using Insert |
Caption is easiest.

Then instead of typing Table 14, use a cross-reference (Insert |
Cross-Reference) to the table. You will need to hit F9 to update the
cross-references when the numbers change.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Word Heretic

G'day "AC" ,

Each table gets labelled with a style like Table Caption. It is an
autonumbering style. Bookmark each one, for example Sale_Jan,
Sales_Feb and so on. No you can insert crossreferences to those
bookmarks and refer to the paragraph number.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

AC reckoned: