Paul Broadway

Default convert StarOffice 5.1 documents to word documents.

I am a prior user of Star Office 5.1. I bought a new computer and I am am
now equipped with Microsof Office and Word. I have many letters, procedures,
etc. in Starwriter 5.1. I want to convert these to MS word, how do I do
this? Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Paul Broadway
San Diego, Ca.
Tom Ferguson

Word will open the documents if you saved the documents to Word format
when you created them. This remains the best option particularly if the
formatting is not very simple. I do not know if v5.1 had that feature.

If it does, Open the document on the old computer in Star Office and save
to word format.

Another option is to install the Word "recover text from any file"
converter. This filter is not installed during a default install. Re-run
setup from the distribution CD or from Control Panel Add/remove
programs and elect to install all file converters.

Alas, you will lose all document formatting.

Someone on microsoft.public.word.conversions might have better ideas. Try
posting the question there.

The link to that newsgroup for network news transport protocol (NNTP)
client use is:
NEWS://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...rd/conversions

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Paul Broadway" Paul wrote in message
:I am a prior user of Star Office 5.1. I bought a new computer and I am
am
: now equipped with Microsof Office and Word. I have many letters,
procedures,
: etc. in Starwriter 5.1. I want to convert these to MS word, how do I do
: this? Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated, thank
you.
:
: Paul Broadway
: San Diego, Ca.

Tom Ferguson

PS

I have checked a few other possibilities. One that works is to install
OpenOffice (free) on your new machine. Open the file in that and save to
Word format.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User