Joel

Default rhdtool.exe

Does a tool for Word 2000 exist that can remove hidden data. The rhdtool.exe
seems to only work with Office 2003/XP.
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:03:08 -0800, "Joel"
wrote:

Does a tool for Word 2000 exist that can remove hidden data. The rhdtool.exe
seems to only work with Office 2003/XP.

No, there isn't any tool for previous versions. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237361 for manual procedures.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Joseph N.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:48:42 GMT, Jay Freedman wrote:

Does a tool for Word 2000 exist that can remove hidden data.
The rhdtool.exe seems to only work with Office 2003/XP.

No, there isn't any tool for previous versions. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=237361 for manual procedures.

There is an RHD tool for XP, and another one for 2003. The one for
2003 does not work with XP installations--or, at least, it didn't
work with mine. This may or may not shed any light on how to deal
with version 2000....

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=223790 "How to Minimize Metadata
in Microsoft Word Documents". It's not the same as the Remove Hidden
Data tool, but I think it's as close as you're going to get for Office
2000.

Joel wrote:

Does a tool for Word 2000 exist that can remove hidden data. The rhdtool.exe
seems to only work with Office 2003/XP.

net girl

Has anyone tried using this tool with Word 2002? I've tried installing it on
this on systems running Windows 2000 and XP, but I'm getting a failed install
message when I open Word. It tells me to re-install, but I always get the
same message.