Michele

Default Inserting the same hyperlink on every page

I'm working in Word 2000 and would like to insert a hyperlink on each page in
my document (a 40-page user manual) that would take the user (very basic
users) to the top of the document. Adding it in the header isn't working
because you can't click on it to use it. Short of manually adding this to
every page, is there an easier way to do it?

Michele

Yes, that is true. However, not all users seem to be able remember that and I
was hoping to *wow* them with something a little more impressive. I could
just put a note on the first page reminding them of the Ctrl+Home option.

Michele wrote:

I'm working in Word 2000 and would like to insert a hyperlink on each page in
my document (a 40-page user manual) that would take the user (very basic
users) to the top of the document. Adding it in the header isn't working
because you can't click on it to use it. Short of manually adding this to
every page, is there an easier way to do it?

Graham Mayor

For the hyperlink option to work it has to be in the text area of the
document. You could always save the hyperlink as an autotext entry or better
still a formatted autocorrect entry to speed insertion on the individual
pages.

Michele wrote:

I'm working in Word 2000 and would like to insert a hyperlink on
each page in my document (a 40-page user manual) that would take
the user (very basic users) to the top of the document. Adding it
in the header isn't working because you can't click on it to use
it. Short of manually adding this to every page, is there an easier
way to do it?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

See my reply to your first question, in this group.

Cindy Meister