Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rao Ratan Singh Rao Ratan Singh is offline

Default Footer Page X of Y

I just installed office 2007. In previous version of word it was very easy to
insert Header Footer with Auto Text entry.

I just want to insert Page No. with Total Page Number. It was very easy in
previous version with Page X of Y.

How can i insert like that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is still easy - From the Insert tab select the arrow against Page Number
and choose the appropriate format to be placed where you require it. Or
simply open the footer press CTRL + F9 twice to give {}{} and add text to
make that
{Page} of {Numpages}. Select and press F9 to update and then ALT+F9 to
display the result.

Rao Ratan Singh wrote:
I just installed office 2007. In previous version of word it was very
easy to insert Header Footer with Auto Text entry.

I just want to insert Page No. with Total Page Number. It was very
easy in previous version with Page X of Y.

How can i insert like that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Page X of Y was omitted in the default Building Blocks (formerly AutoText).
If you want to add Page X of Y to your Header/Footer galleries then click
the Office Button, click New, and in the Search text box search for
"filename and path". You should find a template along the lines of "Building
Blocks for adding the Filename and Path in the Header or Footer". Create a
new document based on the template and follow the directions provided.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word