Jules

Default keeping a field result with text

I have a symbol field used in a merge document. The symbol is "34" (double
quotes). Sometimes when I run my document if the symbol is at the end of the
line it puts the next word on the next line (eg. "
Definition"). How can I get my symbol field to stay with the text?
Anne Troy

BEFORE you merge, make the space a non-breaking space by hitting
Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jules" wrote in message
I have a symbol field used in a merge document. The symbol is "34" (double
quotes). Sometimes when I run my document if the symbol is at the end of
the
line it puts the next word on the next line (eg. "
Definition"). How can I get my symbol field to stay with the text?

Tony Jollans

You could use the Unicode zero width joiner (U+8205) immediately after the
symbol (press and hold Alt, type 8205 on the numeric pad, release Alt) -
this works the same as a hard space except it doesn't occupy any space.

--
Enjoy,
Tony