Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ralphs ralphs is offline

Default how do I make a ÷ symbol

how do I make a ÷ symbol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's funny! That's like saying "May I ask a question?"

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"ralphs" wrote in message
how do I make a ÷ symbol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The ÷ is character 00F7 (Unicode) or 247 (ASCII) in most fonts. You can find
it in the Insert | Symbol dialog in the Latin-1 character subset, but for
some reason it is extremely elusive and easy to overlook. If you use it
often, you may want to assign a keyboard shortcut; I use Ctrl+:, - (that is,
Ctrl+colon, hyphen). You can also insert it by typing 00F7 and pressig Alt+X
or by pressing Alt+0247 on the numeric keypad. For more on inserting special
characters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm

"ralphs" wrote in message
how do I make a ÷ symbol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

How did you make it in this post?

"ralphs" wrote in message
| how do I make a ÷ symbol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

Suzanne: Reckon how he made it in his post ;-)

Tom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
| The ÷ is character 00F7 (Unicode) or 247 (ASCII) in most fonts. You can
find
| it in the Insert | Symbol dialog in the Latin-1 character subset, but for
| some reason it is extremely elusive and easy to overlook. If you use it
| often, you may want to assign a keyboard shortcut; I use Ctrl+:, - (that
is,
| Ctrl+colon, hyphen). You can also insert it by typing 00F7 and pressig
Alt+X
| or by pressing Alt+0247 on the numeric keypad. For more on inserting
special
| characters, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm
|
| --
| Suzanne S. Barnhill
| Microsoft MVP (Word)
| Words into Type
| Fairhope, Alabama USA
| Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
| Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
| all may benefit.
|
| "ralphs" wrote in message
| how do I make a ÷ symbol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I imagine he inserted it using the Character Map in Windows or copy/pasted
it from somewhere. Note that the post originated in the Communities, which
means he was working in an HTML window, not in Word or a mail client.