Ricardo

Default Any templates to dispute a parking ticket?

Does anyone have any word templates to dispute a parking ticket?
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

None that I've ever heard of. Maybe because each one would be different from
the last.

Besides, I'd think that a parking ticket would be tougher to dispute than a
speeding ticket. You're either parked someplace when you should be or you
aren't.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ricardo" wrote in message
Does anyone have any word templates to dispute a parking ticket?

Jay Freedman

Ricardo, use any of the standard letter templates. Explain why you think the
ticket isn't justified.

JoAnn, you might be surprised. There was a big flap in Philly some years ago
about this. The police were issued ticket books with numbered pages, and
they had to account for every page. It was alleged that some people were
able to bribe patrolmen, or pull rank by showing off their city government
connections. The parking officer couldn't just tear up the ticket, so they
would finish writing it, but put some random license plate number on it. The
owner of that license would be stuck trying to prove that they weren't
guilty, and maybe weren't even in the city at the time of the supposed
offense. In some cases the car with that plate was in Erie or Pittsburgh.

--
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ricardo" wrote in message
Does anyone have any word templates to dispute a parking ticket?

Ricardo

Thanks, JoAnn, for you reply to my request for a dispute to a parking ticket
violation. To more exact it is a Municipal Code Violation Notice for the
City of Chicago.

The exact violation was an "Invalid Front Plate". I could find not
explanation of this from the police department, the ticket itself, city
website nor friends.

Also, a notice of a parking violation is not always valid violation.

Ricardo

"Ricardo" wrote in message
Does anyone have any word templates to dispute a parking ticket?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I'm glad I don't live in Philly! I've gotten a couple parking tickets. One
for expired time, one for parking in a private lot (seriously, I was only
there for under 10 minutes!), and one for parking facing the wrong way. (I
had just started driving and we could do that at home. I didn't realize the
rules were different in the city.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
How do I turn off the MS Word templates ?? Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 03:52 PM
Workgroup templates Jon Lewis Microsoft Word Help 2 June 13th 05 09:21 PM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM