Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
geneross

Default Can I recall a Word document that I just deleted?

Can anyone out there answer my question?
I just deleted a letter and want to recall it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen

As long as you saved your file before you deleted it, you could try
checking your Recycle Bin (the icon is usually on your desktop). As
long as you haven't emptied your Recycle Bin, the file should still be
there to restore. If your document was being saved on a floppy disk
drive though, then I'm not sure...I think there are some retrieval
programs out there for that type of situation.

I wish you the best of luck.

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If you still have the file open and actually deleted the content of the file
you can just use EditUndo... to get it back (you may have to Undo more than
once), _or_ you can close the file and say NO when prompted to save changes
*if* you haven't already saved since deleting.

If you deleted the file using an Explorer window or dragged the file to the
Recycle Bin it should still be there. DoubleClick the Recycle Bin, if the
file is there click, once to select it then go to FileRestore.

HTH |:)