Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjy1846 mjy1846 is offline

Default Automatic notificaiton

I have been told that word will notify you when you need to review a
document. I have to annualy review documents by date of original. How is this
accomplished?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think you were told wrong. Word doesn't include a scheduling or notification
process. It would be possible to program a Word macro to do something, for
example, to examine the creation date of every file in a specified group of
folders and display a message or open a document when its age exceeds the
threshold. But (a) this is custom programming, not a native function of Word,
and (b) Word would have to be running at the proper time in order for the macro
to execute.

If you need to schedule events without custom programming, you need some other
program than Word. Microsoft products that might do what you need include
Outlook and SharePoint, or you can search the Internet for other programs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman