Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

Default Word-Insert Address problem

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert Address/Address
Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street tuncates, and my
city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the fields in Outlook, and
everything is typed correctly. There should be 8 lines showing, but only 6
1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I clear the list that appears when I click
the down arrow next to the Address book. Some of these addresses are
incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

By the way, I'm using the following code for AddressLayout in AutoText.
There are manual line breaks (shift+enter) at the end of each line.

{{PR_DISPLAY_NAME | PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME}
}{PR_TITLE
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_STREET_ADDRESS
}{PR_LOCALITY}, {PR_STATE_OR_PROVINCE} {PR_POSTAL_CODE
}{PR_COUNTRY}

"Jean" wrote:

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert Address/Address
Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street tuncates, and my
city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the fields in Outlook, and
everything is typed correctly. There should be 8 lines showing, but only 6
1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I clear the list that appears when I click
the down arrow next to the Address book. Some of these addresses are
incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The frame used as part of the envelope address paragraph style has fixed
dimensions and that is curtailing what is entered. You need to change the
frame - see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm. You may also
think about using an envelope template. There are samples you can download
from my web site and they use the method at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm to populate the address. This method
also allows you to use an initial rather than the forename.

If you use the PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS field rather than the assortment of
address fields you have included, you only get the country inserted when it
is a country different from your own.

You also have both the DISPLAY_NAME and Name address and company fields
which surely produces some odd layouts with duplicated information?

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_TITLE
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

might be nearer the mark?

"Jean" wrote:

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert
Address/Address Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street
truncates, and my city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the
fields in Outlook, and everything is typed correctly. There should
be 8 lines showing, but only 6 1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I
clear the list that appears when I click the down arrow next to the
Address book. Some of these addresses are incorrect. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jean Jean is offline

Thanks, Graham. I tried this but it didn't fix it. Is there a character
limit in an address that you insert using the Address Book? I've inserted
the address at the top of blank document, and get the same results. It stops
in the last line in the middle of the city name. It happens only with
addresses with more than 251 characters & spaces. I've been Googling, but I
just don't seem to hit the mark with my question regarding character limits.
Thanks.

"Jean" wrote:

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert
Address/Address Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street
truncates, and my city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the
fields in Outlook, and everything is typed correctly. There should
be 8 lines showing, but only 6 1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I
clear the list that appears when I click the down arrow next to the
Address book. Some of these addresses are incorrect. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is hard to envisage an address with more than 251 characters! My tests
with addresses of 10 lines worked fine. What's this mysterious address?

"Jean" wrote:

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert
Address/Address Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street
truncates, and my city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the
fields in Outlook, and everything is typed correctly. There should
be 8 lines showing, but only 6 1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I
clear the list that appears when I click the down arrow next to the
Address book. Some of these addresses are incorrect. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I've conducted more tests and the character limit appears to be 250
(according to Word's own counting). I must say that I was hard pressed to
concoct a sample address of such length that bore any relationship to
reality, but I guess you must have some?

The macro method of inserting addresses I posted earlier will insert rather
more characters.

"Jean" wrote:

When inserting an address into a letter using the "Insert
Address/Address Book" tool (which I added to my toolbar), my street
truncates, and my city/state/zip do not show at all. I checked the
fields in Outlook, and everything is typed correctly. There should
be 8 lines showing, but only 6 1/2 lines are showing. Also, can I
clear the list that appears when I click the down arrow next to the
Address book. Some of these addresses are incorrect. Any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Why can't I get Multiple instances of word? Laverne Microsoft Word Help 14 November 17th 06 01:35 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM