Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Hugh Murfitt Hugh Murfitt is offline

Default Date Mail Merge

I have 5 date fields in a document, merged from Excel. I am using the same
date switch - { MERGEFIELD DOB_Child_2 \@ "d/M/yyyy" \* MERGEFORMAT } €“ for
all 5. Two of the date fields merge correctly but the others are displayed
as the Excel date code, e.g. 39128 (for 15/2/2007).

This is reflected in the €śMail Merge Recipients€ť dialogue. The first two
columns of dates in my list show correctly formatted dates e.g 8/9/1998 and
11/11/2001, but the third, fourth and fifth are 39128, 38225 and 38435

Ive checked my source data in Excel and, as far as I can tell, its all
formatted correctly i.e. it is all displayed as dates, not codes. So where
is the formatting being €ślost€ť? Can I manipulate the Mail Merge Recipients
data?

Many thanks for your help

(This may be an Excel issue. If it is invalid to repost in the Excel
discussion group if I do not find a solution here, please let me know.)