Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve

Default HOWTO: Mail Merge Select?

Hi...

First, running Word 2002. Also, use Outlook 2002 and decided to create
CONTACTS as... friends/family we filled in the HOME ADDRESS (Business
Address blank); non-friends/family we filled in BUSINESS ADDRESS (Home
blank).

In Word 2000, we used Mail Merge/Labels to print Christmas labels... and
there was a (mail merge) step that allowed me to build a little "selection"
routine... I was able to pick "Home Address", then "=", then "not blank". I
can't find this capability in 2002 and it's highly annoying/time-consuming
to scroll thru 1000+ contacts.

NOTE: this "selection" capability was not strong but it had more choices
than what I used!

Anyone have any ideas on where this Mail Merge ended up? Hopefully, the
weenies at M$ did NOT drop such a useful option... but... if they did...
anyone have a SIMPLE WORD process to achieve my results?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will have a lot more choices/control, if you initiate the mailmerge from
Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

I would also refer you to the page on my web site that Doug indicated, but
note that you can use the MailingAddress field (from Outlook) or the
PostalAddress field (from Word). As for the mechanics of a label merge -
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm will get you on
track as before.