Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default "Ctrl+Page Dn" won't work-brings up Spellchk vs. paging down full

Usually I press Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up to move down or up an entire page.
All of a sudden, now when I press Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up, the Spellcheck
message box pops up: "Word has reached the end of the document. Do you want
to continue searching at the beginning?"

Regardless of whether I click "yes" or "no" when I again press Ctrl + Page
Dn, the same box pops up.

How do I reset it so that Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up allows me to do just that?

Thanks in advance,

Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy Wendy is offline

I neglected to mention I'm using Outlook 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default "Ctrl+Page Dn" won't work-brings up Spellchk vs. paging down f

Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've reviewed every tab under Tools | Options and
none of the WordPerfect options are selected. I've also confirmed all
defaults are set for MS Word 2002-2003.

Interestingly enough, when I click Ctrl+Home or End, it does take me to the
very first or last page of the document.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see any indication that the Browse Object can be set to "Spelling
error," so that wouldn't be the explanation. The built-in shortcut for Next
Misspelling is Alt+F7, so that wouldn't be the explanation, either. You
might, however, check in Tools | Customize: Keyboard and make sure that the
correct shortcut is assigned to Next Misspelling.

"Wendy" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've reviewed every tab under Tools | Options and
none of the WordPerfect options are selected. I've also confirmed all
defaults are set for MS Word 2002-2003.

Interestingly enough, when I click Ctrl+Home or End, it does take me to

the
very first or last page of the document.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Wendy's reference to Spell Check is a mistake. That message pops up
when the Browse Object is set to a Find and there are no more
occurrences to find. It has nothing to do with spell checking.

The solution is to click the small circle at the bottom of the
vertical scroll bar and select to browse by page. That will return the
function of the Ctrl+Up/Down shortcuts to previous and next page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Wendy" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Thanks for responding. I've reviewed every tab under Tools | Options and
none of the WordPerfect options are selected. I've also confirmed all
defaults are set for MS Word 2002-2003.

Interestingly enough, when I click Ctrl+Home or End, it does take me to

the
very first or last page of the document.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

I have noted a slightly different but related problem which I believe to be a
bug in Microsoft Word. The Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions seem to work
normally until I use the search function. Thereafter, it seems that the
Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions have been reprogrammed to continue the
search for the last search target and I do not know how to restore the
Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions.

--
Clifton J. Barber
CJ Barber Consutling Services

"Wendy" wrote:

Usually I press Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up to move down or up an entire page.
All of a sudden, now when I press Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up, the Spellcheck
message box pops up: "Word has reached the end of the document. Do you want
to continue searching at the beginning?"

Regardless of whether I click "yes" or "no" when I again press Ctrl + Page
Dn, the same box pops up.

How do I reset it so that Ctrl + Page Dn or Page Up allows me to do just that?

Thanks in advance,

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

It isn't a bug, it really is a feature. g

The Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn buttons are attached to the commands
BrowsePrevious and BrowseNext. Although Word starts in each section
with the Browse object assigned to "by page", it's reassigned to
various other items either by doing a search or by clicking the small
round button between the arrows at the bottom of the vertical
scrollbar. You can browse by tables, or by pictures, or by fields,
etc. -- there an even dozen items in the gallery when you click the
button. To restore the "by page" browsing, click the page item in the
gallery.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 11:23:02 -0800, Clif Barber
wrote:

I have noted a slightly different but related problem which I believe to be a
bug in Microsoft Word. The Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions seem to work
normally until I use the search function. Thereafter, it seems that the
Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions have been reprogrammed to continue the
search for the last search target and I do not know how to restore the
Ctrl+PgDn and Ctrl+PgUp functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Clif Barber Clif Barber is offline

JAY: You have been very busy today. Thank you very much! This does address
my concern exactly.