Art K

Default Endnotes do not print correctly in a merge

I have a two page business letter with two endnotes. The two endnotes are by
themselves on page 2, that also has a different header (author & date). When
I do the merge to a new document (to prepare for printing) page one of the
letter is merged correctly but without a page 2. At the end of the new
document the end notes are printed with multiple copies of the two endnotes
on one page. In other words if I am merging to send a letter to six people,
six page ones are printed, followed by two pages containing six sets of
endnotes.

I tried placing a character (E.G. *) on page 2 outside of the endnotes
trying to get Word to recognize that each letter was two pages long.

The status bar? at the bottom of the screen calls it page 2, section 4, but
it does not print as page two if more that one copy of the letter is to be
printed.
Doug Robbins

If you use the following macro, it should overcome the endnotes problem

' Macro created 29/09/99 by Doug Robbins to replace endnotes with textnotes
at end of document

' to replace the endnote reference in the body of the document with a
superscript number.

'

Dim aendnote As Endnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter vbCr & aendnote.Index & vbTab &
aendnote.Range

aendnote.Reference.InsertBefore "a" & aendnote.Index & "a"

Next aendnote

For Each aendnote In ActiveDocument.Endnotes

aendnote.Reference.Delete

Next aendnote

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting

Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting

With Selection.Find.Replacement.Font

.Superscript = True

End With

With Selection.Find

.Text = "(a)([0-9]{1,})(a)"

.Replacement.Text = "\2"

.Forward = True

.Wrap = wdFindContinue

.Format = True

.MatchWildcards = True

End With

Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

When printing, you need to specifiy the section number as well as the page
number. e.g. p2s1 for the second page of section 1. A new section is
created for each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Art K" Art wrote in message
[...]

Word 2003 Mail Merge will not print individual pages or Ranges Rick Mailmerge 4 July 29th 05 05:07 AM
Mail Merge won't print Pam Mailmerge 2 July 20th 05 11:24 PM
Mail merge won't print correctly Ashover Microsoft Word Help 1 June 11th 05 04:44 PM
How do I print 1st page letterhead 2nd plain in Word mail merge Todd Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 12:39 AM
How can I print 3 merge documents per page? TML - Boone Mailmerge 1 December 11th 04 09:11 PM