Louise

Default Font Latin Text & Coomplex Text...

In my normal.dot my normal style is:
FontDefault) Times New Roman 12 pt, English (U.S.), Complex Script Font:
Times New Roman, 12 pt (Complex) Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Left, Line Spacing:
Singel, Window/Orphan Control

I'm stuck with that Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Cannot get rid of it. I went
and look in the Languange setting of Office and it is not there.

When I look in the font of a document I have now Script & complex.

Can anybody help

garfield-n-odie

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then do one of the
following:
€¢ Point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office
Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings.
€¢ Point to Microsoft Office XP Tools, and then click
Microsoft Office XP Language Settings.
2. On the Enabled Languages tab, remove Arabic from the
Enabled languages list.

If you have already done the above and it didn't fix the problem,
then try "Creating a new Normal.dot from scratch" as described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm .

Louise wrote:

In my normal.dot my normal style is:
FontDefault) Times New Roman 12 pt, English (U.S.), Complex Script Font:
Times New Roman, 12 pt (Complex) Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Left, Line Spacing:
Singel, Window/Orphan Control

I'm stuck with that Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Cannot get rid of it. I went
and look in the Languange setting of Office and it is not there.

When I look in the font of a document I have now Script & complex.

Can anybody help

Louise

I already try that (create a new normal.dot) and I still have Times New
Roman, 12 pt (Complex) Arabic (Saudi Arabia). I cannot seem to be able to
removed it. Any other idea are welcome ? Thank you

Louise wrote:

In my normal.dot my normal style is:
FontDefault) Times New Roman 12 pt, English (U.S.), Complex Script Font:
Times New Roman, 12 pt (Complex) Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Left, Line Spacing:
Singel, Window/Orphan Control

I'm stuck with that Arabic (Saudi Arabia). Cannot get rid of it. I went
and look in the Languange setting of Office and it is not there.

When I look in the font of a document I have now Script & complex.

Can anybody help

Louise

OK I finally got it. You need to start again in Safe Mode and go in the Font
and choose Time New Roman as Defaults and than it correct the Normal.dot. If
you do not start in Safe Mode to create your normal.dot it does not work, it
keep creating with the Complex Scripts.

Thank you