Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
eaglesgirl eaglesgirl is offline

Default Mail merge labels

If I have already done mail merge labels, but only used the first few on the
page how can I get the program to begin on another label other than the first
one so that I can use the other unused labels?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert sufficient blank records at the start of your data file to
accommodate the missing labels.

eaglesgirl wrote:
If I have already done mail merge labels, but only used the first few
on the page how can I get the program to begin on another label other
than the first one so that I can use the other unused labels?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The following macro will enter the necessary number of blank records at the
start of the data source:

Macro to set the first label on a part sheet of labels for a label type
mailmerge.
Dim MMMDoc As Document
Dim dsource As Document
Dim dtable As Table
Dim i As Long, j As Long
Set MMMDoc = ActiveDocument
With MMMDoc.MailMerge
If .MainDocumentType = wdMailingLabels Then
If .State = wdMainAndDataSource Then
Set dsource = Documents.Open(.DataSource.Name)
Set dtable = dsource.Tables(1)
i = InputBox("Enter the number of labels that have already been
used on the sheet.", "Set Starting Label")
If IsNumeric(i) Then
With dtable
For j = 1 To i
.Rows.Add BeforeRow:=.Rows(2)
Next j
End With
End If
.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
.Execute
End If
End If
End With
dsource.Close wdDoNotSaveChanges

The macro should be run when the mail merge main document has been set up,
and the merge is ready to be executed. It will execute the merge to a new
document which can then be printed out onto label stock. The modified data
source is not saved, so that if necessary, it can be used again, commencing
with a full sheet of labels or with a part sheet of which a different number
of labels have been used.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.