Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Default Future Date - Word 2000

Hello,

I have to input a future date in a document. I got a peice of code from this
forum a little whhile back to do it however, it doesn't format with the date
ordinals. Does anyone have any suggestions to add the ordinals to the code
please?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm
However, ordinal dates are even more complicated.
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
and the linked article from both.

Chris Stammers wrote:
Hello,

I have to input a future date in a document. I got a peice of code
from this forum a little whhile back to do it however, it doesn't
format with the date ordinals. Does anyone have any suggestions to
add the ordinals to the code please?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

Thanks Graham. I had the code from Macropod's document already - all I have
done is place it in the document twice, with the first set formatted
"d"\*ordinal and the second formatted \@ "MMMM yyyy".

This seems to have worked but I won't know for sure until I run the merge.
Do you (or anyone else) forsee any problems with my logic?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Stammers wrote:
Hello,

I have to input a future date in a document. I got a peice of code
from this forum a little whhile back to do it however, it doesn't
format with the date ordinals. Does anyone have any suggestions to
add the ordinals to the code please?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Stammers Chris Stammers is offline

No, no - don't like superscripting !)
Thanks again for your help.