Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alissa

Default Font, Color and Size won't stay when printing envelopes

I have struggled with this since I got this product and finally am fed up.
Can anyone tell me how to print envelopes and keep the default font, color,
and size? When I go to Tools - Letters and Mailings - Envelopes and
Lables, my address that I have highlighted has a different font, size, and
color. I go into the delivery address and return adress font and default it
to what I want...it changes for that instance...I print it fine...then go
back to do another envelope and the font, color, and size have changed back.
So, I have to change those options on every single envelope I print
regardless of what the document looks like or how many times I change it
within the envelopes and lables. When I have to print 80 envelopes, it gets
to be very nerve racking. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

There are two ways to do this
1. http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm
2. Use an envelope template. There are sample templates available to
download from my web site which can easily be modified to give you the
appearance you want - if you follow the instructions above
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm . If you are printing large numbers of
envelopes, this is the approach I would take. I would also suggest that for
a large batch of envelopes with different addresses, you use mailmerge.
Create a data file - essentially a table with one row for each address -
similar to that shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm and use this as
data source to merge into an envelope document created from the envelope
template. The procedure is similar to that shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm albeit this would
be an envelope merge.